Dryer Vent Cleaning
The Importance of Cleaning Dryer Vents
Your dryer vents may be easy to forget, but cleaning them regularly is an important part of ensuring that your home is clean and safe for your entire family.
Some of the warning signs that your dryer vent may be blocked or obstructed include:
- Excess lint behind the dryer
- Clothes taking longer to dry
- No lint on the lint screen
- Excess lint or pet hair on clothing
- Lint around the door seal
- Unusually hot dryer and clothing
- Moldy smell
Risks of Obstructed Dryer Vents
There are risks with ignoring these warning signs and not properly cleaning dryer vents. These risks include:
- Home fire – the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) warns that malfunctioning or poorly maintained clothes dryers and washing machines are one of the leading causes of home fires
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning – gas dryers where the vents are blocked, obstructed or not properly maintained can cause carbon monoxide to build up in the home
- Mold Growth – blocked or obstructed dryer vents can’t effectively remove moisture as designed, causing moisture to be released into the home and possibly resulting in mold growth
Mr. Chem-Dry offers professional Dryer Vent Cleaning using specialized equipment including cameras and powerful extraction equipment to completely clean your dryer vents.
Don’t just take our word for it
We have used Mr. Chem-Dry for years and couldn’t be happier. They are personable, professional, and do a fantastic job every time.
We are very pleased with the results of our carpets and upholstery after Mr. Chem-Dry cleaned them. The carpet looked like new carpet. Plus the two employees were very nice and efficient.
On time and very friendly staff!